December 30, 2022 — 2 min read
How to improve your websites performance
Website performance and speed are crucial for a positive website experience for your customers or clients. Here are some tips for improving the performance of your website:
- Using static site generators for websites that are updated sparingly. For example, a blog website that does not update in real-time can take advantage of static site generation improving page loads and reducing server loads.
- Optimizing your assets like images and videos. Using large photos or videos can bog down your website since your users download the content on their first visit. Unoptimized media causes slower render times and makes your website appear incomplete.
- Utilizing Content Delivery Networks to store media like website photos to servers geographically closer to your website visitor, improving website speeds and helping optimize your media.
How we do websites at Uplift:
We use the JAM Stack to make our websites. With our development stack, we ensure the following:
- Best Performance with our website's time to interactivity under 1 second.
- Great design having complete control and customizability. Your website's design is free from a website builder's limitations that would make your website design look like every other website using that builder—for example, the design templates found in most WordPress or Squarespace websites.
- Your website is focused on achieving your business goals. Copywriting that speaks to your ideal customer and practical strategies on call to action that works.
- Follow all the best practices making sure your website is secure.